Blueberry Muffins | Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free
This is a delicious, gluten-free, versatile recipe to make blueberry muffins or upside down cakes and everything else wonderful!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 40 minutes
- 2 cups GF all-purpose baking flour (no xanthan gum)
- 2 tsp guar gum
- 2 tsp aluminum-free baking powder
- 3/4 tsp pink Himalayan salt
- 1/2 cup ghee (or coconut oil), melted but not hot
- 1 cup raw cane sugar, plus more for sprinkling
- 2 extra large eggs
- 1 tbsp homemade pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup filtered water
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners.
In a large mixing bowl, mix together the dry ingredients: baking flour, baking powder, guar gum and salt. Add the ghee (or coconut oil), sugar, eggs, vanilla and water. Use a fork or mixer to combine all the ingredients so that they are well-combined. Fold in the blueberries then use an ice cream scoop to scoop the batter into each muffin cup. Sprinkle with more raw sugar.
Bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick in the center comes out clean. Let cool on a cooling rack before indulging (the blueberries can retain some heat). Enjoy!