Chocolate Zucchini Muffins | Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free
Delicious and healthy chocolate muffins filled with zucchini, oat flour and sorghum for an increase dietary fiber and nutritional value.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Total Time 35 minutes
- 1 cup GF sweet white sorghum flour
- 1 cup certified GF oat flour
- 1 tbsp guar gum
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp aluminum-free baking powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 cup homemade or sugar-free applesauce
- 1 cup organic raw cane sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 + cups zucchini, grated (3 medium)
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips, make sure safe for dairy/casein-free folks
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners.
Combine the dry ingredients: flours, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. In a large bowl or stand-alone mixer, whisk together the sugar and applesauce. Add the eggs then vanilla. Make sure to scrape down the sides of the mixer so everything is well blended. Add the dry ingredients and slowly mix together until combined.
Add the grated zucchini and beat on medium high speed for about 5 minutes, scraping down the sides 2-3 times. The batter will become nice and creamy. Gently fold in the chocolate chips. Fill each muffin cup with batter. Bake for 25 minutes, check for doneness with a toothpick. Transfer to a cooling rack.