Sweet Chili Sauce Roasted Brussels Sprouts
Hello, Roasted Brussels Sprouts!
I love Brussels sprouts. We have a bunch of places here in Austin that serve killer Brussels sprouts. Peached Tortilla, ATX Cocina, Uchiko and East Side King to name a few.
And we have a few go-to super easy recipes on the blog. I really want to try and replicate the ATX Cocina fried Brussels with green chorizo and green mole one day. So good.
Sweet Chili Sauce Brussels Sprouts
So y’all these sweet chili sauce Brussels are so easy to make – literally just a couple ingredients and you have this sticky, delicious, wonderful side dish.
Now it’s not super healthy because of the sugar in the sweet chili sauce but it is gluten and dairy free and a delicious indulgence.
I love Grama’s Sweet Chilli Sauce.
It is super tasty and made with a few simple ingredients, plus it is non-GMO, gluten-free and doesn’t contain preservatives. It goes really well with those Feel Good Food gluten-free egg rolls. Yum!
And we love the Coconut Aminos Garlic Sauce from Coconut Secret. Also, gluten-free, soy-free, diary-free, etc.
Combine the two with a pinch of Thai red chili powder (for a little extra heat) and voila!
Sweet chili sauce roasted brussels sprouts with a little sweet, savory and heat! My husband is now requesting this side dish on the daily.
So for the Brussels sprouts, just cut off the bottom, then pull off the outer leaves. Cut the Brussels in half. Place in a baking dish and drizzle with olive oil and hit them with some salt and pepper. Roast in the oven for about 20 minutes at 400 degrees F.
We usually end up with about 1/2 lb (8 oz) Brussels sprouts halves from a 12 oz of whole Brussels sprouts.
So you don’t need to make a lot of sauce for these sweet chili sauce roasted Brussels sprouts. We used two tablespoons of the sweet chili sauce and mixed it with one tablespoon of the coconut aminos garlic sauce. Then I added in a pinch of Thai red chili flakes for a little extra heat.
You could leave out the chili flakes or add your favorite hot sauce, Sriracha, red pepper flakes…
After the Brussels sprouts are roasted nicely, pull them out of the oven. Pour the sauce over them and bake for another 6-7 minutes. Then serve sprinkled with a some sesame seeds. So easy and so yummy!
Expand the Recipe
You can take this basic recipe for the sauce and use it to make a wonderful and easy vegetarian dish served with Jasmine rice. Here we roasted Brussels sprouts, carrots, onions and broccoli.
Then used 1/3 cup garlic coconut aminos, 2/3 cup Grama’s chilli sauce and a huge pinch of Thai chili flakes to make the sauce. I also added fresh yellow bell pepper and tossed it all together then served with rice for a super tasty and easy vegetarian dish.
Want More Recipes Like Sweet Chili Sauce Roasted Brussels Sprouts?
- Fancy Green Beans
- Freedmen’s Inspired Smoked Cabbage Slaw
- Asian Fried Rice
- Asian Chicken Salad
- PF Chang Style Lettuce Wraps
- Mesquite Smoked Asparagus
Sweet Chili Sauce Roasted Brussels Sprouts | Gluten-free, Dairy-Free
- 8 oz brussels sprouts, cleaned and halved
- olive oil
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tbsp GF sweet chili sauce
- 1 tbsp GF coconut aminos garlic sauce
- Pinch of Thai red chili powder
- White sesame seeds for sprinkling
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- About 12 oz of Brussels sprouts will result in 8 oz after being prepared for roasting. Cut the bottom off of the whole sprout and pull off the outer leaves. Then cut in half.
- Place the sprouts into a baking dish and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast for about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix together the sweet chili sauce, coconut aminos garlic sauce and Thai chili powder.
- When the sprouts are ready, pull out of the oven and cover with the sauce. Place back into the oven and cook for another 6-7 minutes.
When done toss the Brussels sprouts in the sauce a few times then place in a serving dish. Sprinkle with the sesame seeds.