Gluten-Free Fried Puff Pastry Beignets
Gluten-Free Puff Pastry Beignets
Yes, please! They were good. Really, really good.
And it only took three ingredients to make these amazing little gluten-free puff pastry beignets.
We recently discovered that Schär makes a gluten-free puff pastry dough. And it is lactose-free too (no dairy ingredients as far as I can tell). I can’t even describe how excited I was.
Right now the only place we could find it in Austin was at the Fresh Plus in Hyde Park and Central Market Westgate. So I buy a few boxes and keep them stocked in the fridge.
I have been using it to make all kinds of goodies. We made pizza bites with buffalo mozzarella and mini quiche Lorraine bites as well. It made a nice crispy crust for BBQ chicken pizza. As well as traditional spinach goat feta puff pastries.
As far as these beignets, they are super easy to make and quite delicious.
I miss being able to eat these in NOLA or even here for that matter. So we decided to make them from the puff pastry.
- Just thaw the puff pastry and cut into little squares.
- Heat some coconut oil in a sauce pan.
- Drop in the pastry dough and fry until they puff up.
- Flip once then when done remove to a plate covered with a paper towel to soak up any excess oil.
- Sprinkle with some Wholesome organic powder sugar.
- And indulge!