Puff Pastry Beignets | Gluten-Free, Lactose-Free
Gluten-Free Puff Pastry Beignets
Yes, please! They were good. Really, really good. And it only took three ingredients to make these amazing little gluten-free puff pastry beignets.
We recently discovered that Schär makes a gluten-free puff pastry dough. And it is lactose-free too (no dairy ingredients as far as I can tell). And I can’t even describe how excited I was.
Right now the only place we could find it in Austin was at the Fresh Plus in Hyde Park and Central Market Westgate.
First, I used it to make chicken pot pie and it turned out okay. I cooked the bottom layer covered in foil for about 15 minutes and then poked holes in the pastry where it had puffed up. Filled it with the pot pie mixture and then baked it with a top crust.
Then we made plain puff pastries to eat with spinach artichoke dip and they were so good. 😊
But the best thing we made with the gluten-free puff pastry where these amazing little beignets. It was so easy, too.
- Just thaw the puff pastry and cut into little squares.
- Heat some coconut oil in a sauce pan.
- Drop in the pastry dough and fry until they puff up.
- Flip once then when done remove to a plate covered with a paper towel to soak up any excess oil.
- Sprinkle with some Wholesome organic powder sugar.
- And indulge!