Super Easy Thai Turkey Burgers
Thai Turkey Burgers
These Thai turkey burgers are a staple on our weekly menus and after many years, we’re still not tired of them!
They are so good and easy to make and add a really a nice flavor profile to otherwise kinda boring white meat lean ground turkey (locally sourced and antibiotic-free).
It only takes a few ingredients and very little time to whip these burgers up with ground turkey, green onions, GF Thai red curry paste and GF coconut aminos. Plus a little salt and pepper, That’s it!
If you like a little more heat you could could add a pinch of cayenne pepper or dried Thai chili pepper.
Ground turkey could be replaced with organic ground chicken. We’ve started making our herbed turkey meatballs with ground chicken and they are so amazing.
And if you want to find other recipes that use the Thai curry paste, you could make this Thai beef salad.
How to Make the Burgers
My standard operation is to get the fries started first because they take a lot longer to cook (about 45 minutes at 450 degrees F).
Then I can throw the burgers into the oven on the bottom rack.
First, I preheat a cast iron grill pan on the stove top and add the burgers. Cook for about a minute to get them started and then place the grill pan into the oven on the bottom rack.
Cook for six minutes in the oven, then flip the Thai turkey burgers and cook for another six minutes. You get a beautiful grill marks on the burgers and everything finishes at the same time.
We prefer hamburger buns which don’t contain xanthan gum, such as Little Northern Bakehouse or homemade hamburger buns. It’s always nice to toast the GF bread a little as well.
Eating better can be fun and delicious!
What to Eat with the Burgers
I really like to serve the burger with Lightly Spiced Roasted Potato Wedges and a spicy spiked mayo. Sometimes I add a little Frank’s RedHot sauce to mayo. Or you could add some of the Thai curry paste to mayo.
You could add spices like chili powder, curry powder, cayenne, and honey for a spicy kick.
Want More Easy Recipes Like This?
- PF Chang Style Lettuce Wraps
- Lime Pepper Beef Fajitas
- Bison Mushroom Burgers
- Beyond Meat Meatless Burgers
- Bison Meatball Stroganoff
- Bison Cajun Dirty Rice
- Homemade Chicken Breakfast Sausage
- Gluten-Free Bison Philly Cheesesteak Pizza
Thai Turkey Burgers | Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 1 tbsp GF Thai red curry paste (Thai Kitchen)
- 1 tbsp GF coconut aminos
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- Salt & Pepper
- 2 GF hamburger buns, toasted
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Mix together the ground turkey, Thai red curry paste, coconut aminos, green onion, salt and pepper in a medium bowl until well combined. Form into two patties and refrigerate until ready to cook.
- Preheat a cast iron grill pan over medium high heat on the stove top. Place the turkey patties onto the hot grill pan and then transfer to the oven and cook for 6 minutes. Pull the grill pan from the oven and flip the burgers once then cook for another 6 minutes or until done (internal temperature of 165 degrees F).
- Remove from the oven and let rest for a few minutes before transferring to the hamburger buns.
- Garnish with your choice of lettuce, pickles, mayo, and/or aioli.