Smoked Goat Gouda Broccoli Cheese Rice
Goat Cheese Broccoli Rice
This version of broccoli cheese rice is made with smoked gouda goat cheese, jasmine rice, and coconut milk. It’s perfect for those of us trying to avoid the casein found in cow’s milk.
Plus who doesn’t love goat cheese? Or creamy cheesy broccoli rice dishes.
Recently, at my favorite store the goat cheese section expanded. We found a goat cheese smoked gouda (smoked gouda is one of my very favorites) from Holland and several different types of hard and soft cheese. Machego. Chèvre…
It made me so happy to be able to make this again. And it was crazy good. Especially the leftovers! Remember leftovers should only be refrigerated for 3-4 days.
This makes up a big batch of cheesy broccoli rice. So if it is just the two of us, I’ll divide half of the rice mixture out to freeze. And bake the other half.
It’s so easy to freeze in an oven-safe Pyrex glass bowl with a lid. That way I can thaw it in the fridge then remove the lid and just pop it in the oven.
Recipe Ingredients are Specific but Adaptable
The ingredients in this recipe are very specific. But you can easily change them out with other non-dairy ingredients or goat cheeses or a different kind of rice.
- I like using homemade Alfredo sauce.
- I switched from using coconut milk in a can to So Delicious coconut milk creamer because it is easier (and to avoid BPA/BPS). It doesn’t thicken quite as fast as coconut milk, but it will.
- Choose a gluten-free flour that doesn’t contain xanthan gum.
- You could always add cooked chicken as well.
I hope if you are like me and have had to deal with a million dietary issues, you can enjoy something as simple and wonderful as this goat cheese broccoli rice!
Want More Recipes Like Smoked Gouda Goat Cheese Broccoli Rice?
- Bison Dirty Rice
- Smoky Goat Gouda Pimento Cheese
- Cilantro Lime Rice
- Mom’s Sweet Carrot Rice
- Restaurant Style Tex-Mex Rice
- Red Lentil & Wild Rice Soup
- beef scalloped potatoes
Smoked Gouda Goat Cheese Broccoli Rice | Gluten-Free
This version of broccoli cheese rice is made with smoked gouda goat cheese, jasmine rice, and coconut milk. It’s perfect for those of us that can't digest cow’s milk.
- 1 1/2 cups organic Jasmine rice
- splash EVOO
- 16 oz bag frozen organic broccoli
- 7-8 ounces smoked goat cheese gouda (about 2 cups grated)
- 1 tsp Redmond Real seasoned salt
- Paprika for sprinkling
- 2 tbsp ghee
- 2 tbsp gluten free flour (certified GF oat, bean blend, etc.)
- 1 1/2 cups So Delicious coconut milk creamer
- 1 tsp onion powder
- Salt to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Add the rice, 3 cups cold filtered water and a splash of olive oil into a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil and then lower the heat, cover and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Place the broccoli in a strainer and rinse with filtered water. Let thaw a bit and come to room temperature.
Make the Alfredo sauce. Melt the ghee in a small saucepan and add the flour. Stir the roux for about 2 minutes over medium heat before adding the coconut milk. Bring to a low boil and stir until it thickens. Add the onion powder and salt to taste.
It is ready when it sticks to a wooden spoon. Time to cook depends on the milk and flour used.
Add the cooked rice, thawed broccoli, grated gouda and seasoned salt to a large bowl. Gently mix together. Add in the homemade Alfredo sauce. When everything is well combined transfer to a casserole baking dish or Dutch oven. Sprinkle with paprika.
If using a Dutch oven, cover and bake. If using a casserole baking dish, cover with foil. Bake in the oven for about 30 minutes.