Roasted Sweet & Spicy Cabbage | Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free
Roasted Sweet & Spicy Cabbage
This roasted sweet & spicy cabbage has quickly turned into one of our favorite side dishes!
And it is so easy to make you don’t even need a recipe. Basically, it is just organic cabbage tossed in ghee and your favorite hot sauce, roasted, then drizzled with maple syrup.
We like to use a local brand of hot sauce called Yellowbird Jalapeño Sauce but there are so many gluten free spicy sauces you can try!
Franks RedHot, Sriracha, Cholula…
Of course, if butter doesn’t bother you then you can substitute that for the ghee (which I use because it doesn’t contain casein).
- I just cut up the cabbage.
- Pour melted ghee over the cabbage and then heavily drizzle with hot sauce.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Then bake for about 20 minutes at 400 degrees F.
- After you pull it out of the oven drizzle lightly with maple syrup and toss it all up with a fork.
And that is it! Delicious Sweet & Spicy Cabbage!
We love to have it with gluten free fried chicken tenders or sausage. I bet we could turn it into some kind of phenomenal taco, too. I’ll have to think about that…
One of the nice things, too is that I’m always looking for ways to use up cabbage and this certainly fits the bill.
And my picky eater husband devours it. So yay! Oh and these are the before pics. The cabbage will shrink down and turn a deep purple when done. Enjoy! 🙂