Mango Chutney Chicken Salad
I love when mangos come into season.
I especially love it in a salad with lots of other goodies like in my mango, black beans wild rice salad or the asparagus mango spring salad with goat cheese croutons. So good!
I found this recipe for mango chutney chicken salad from Martha Stewart and just had to convert it to a gluten-free and dairy-free version.
And wow, this mango chutney chicken salad is so flavorful and packed with all types of nutritional goodies:
- cultured probiotics (a dairy-free, gluten-free yogurt)
- good spices like turmeric and cayenne
- vitamins and minerals from the mango
- fresh spinach for our leafy greens
- seeds and nuts
There are so many layers of flavor, especially from the mango chutney.
And even though my husband doesn’t usually like the dishes heavy with turmeric as much as I do, he really liked this one!
And this is one of those dishes that can be made super quick if you are using a GF rotisserie chicken. From what I understand the unseasoned rotisserie from Costco and HEB Natural are safe.
If you don’t want to risk possible gluten cross-contamination with a rotisserie chicken, allow yourself time to roast a chicken. Or a couple of chicken breasts.
This recipe makes more than you need for a dinner for two. But it keeps well for a day or two in the fridge.
It’s perfect for summer and the leftovers make great lunches.
Want More Recipes Like Mango Chutney Chicken Salad?
- Chipotle Curry Chicken Salad
- Spinach Salad with Warm Bacon Dressing
- Leftover Pork Tenderloin Salad
- 14 Delicious + Nutritious Salads
- Favorite Kale Salads
- Homemade Mayo Caesar Salad
- Carnitas Burrito Bowls
Mango Chutney Chicken Salad
- 1 GF rotisserie chicken, shredded (or 2 roasted chicken breasts)
- 1/2 cup GF sweetened shredded coconut
- 20 oz fresh baby spinach
- 2 tbsp minced cilantro
- 3/4 cup GFDF yogurt
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2-3 tbsp GF mango chutney
- 3/4 tbsp GF stone ground mustard
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- Pink Himalayan salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 mango, peeled and cubed
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 2 tbsp chopped pecans
- 2 tbsp raw pumpkin and sunflower seeds
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
If using a GF rotisserie chicken (HEB Natural or Costco), just shred the chicken and set aside.
Optionally, you can roast bone-in chicken breasts. Place in an oven safe dish and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake for an hour. Remove from oven, let cool and shred.
Toast the coconut on a baking sheet for about 10-12 minutes so that it just starts to brown. Remove from the oven and set aside.
Wash, rinse and dry the fresh spinach and cilantro. Separate about 12 oz spinach into 2 large salad bowls (save the remainder for lunches using about 4 oz each). Pick off the cilantro leaves and discard the stems. Roughly chop.
- Mix together the yogurt, cilantro, lime juice, chutney, mustard, turmeric, cayenne, salt and pepper. Add the shredded chicken meat, mango, nuts and seeds. Gently toss together. Scoop the chicken salad onto the spinach. Saving about 1/3 in the fridge for lunches. Sprinkle with the toasted coconut. Enjoy!
I used So Delicious GFDF coconut yogurt, Stonewall Kitchen GF mango chutney and Koops’ GF stone ground mustard.