Chicken Fajitas | Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free
Chicken Fajita Spices
I love spices because they add so much flavor to a dish without any calories or fat. Some of my favorites spice blends make a wonderful chicken dishes. And work really well with potato wedges or nachos, too!
Fajita seasoning is one of my absolute favorite go-to spices to have on hand in the pantry. I usually buy spices in bulk and then make up my own blends. You can find the recipe for homemade fajita seasoning below.
Another great option are season blends from Primal Palate.
We not only use it to make chicken fajitas, but you can make just veggie fajitas by sprinkling it over veggies and then cooking them up.
I like to use bell peppers, jalapeños, onion, and zucchini. And then squeeze with a little lime juice. Perfect for Meatless Monday or Taco Tuesday.
Or you can make beef fajitas, too. Marinate the skirt steak with lime juice and a little gluten-free soy sauce or coconut aminos to tenderize it first. Then sprinkle with the fajita seasoning before grilling it up.
We also like to use it to make up salad dressing like for this southwestern steak salad. Lots of fun ideas for using that fajita seasoning.
Gluten-Free Chicken Fajitas
Cook up some chicken, beef or veggie fajitas with this fajita seasoning spice blend for a quick and easy week night dinner.
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp raw cane sugar
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 skinless boneless chicken breasts
- 1 tsp fajita seasoning
- 1 large onion sliced
- 1 Anaheim pepper deseeded and sliced
- 1 Poblano pepper deseeded and sliced
- 1 large jalapeño deseeded and sliced
- 1 lime
- Kosher salt
- 6-7 GF corn tortillas
- Mix together the ingredients for the fajita seasoning and store in an air-tight spice jar or container.
- Wash, rinse and dry the peppers before prepping.
- Sprinkle the seasoning on the chicken breasts. Heat oil in a large skillet and cook the chicken for about 10 minutes over medium high heat until cooked through, flipping once or twice. Remove and set aside on a cutting board.
- Add the onions, hatch pepper (or Anaheiand jalapeño. Cook until the vegetables are tender, about 12-15 minutes.
- Slice the chicken in long strips and add back to the skillet. Squeeze the lime over the chicken and vegetables and stir for 2 minutes more before serving. Sprinkle with a little kosher salt.
- Meanwhile, place a wet paper towel on a microwave safe plate. Stack each tortilla on the paper towel and spray with olive oil. Wrap the paper towel around the stack and microwave for 1 minute to make them pliable. Serve the corn tortillas with the fajitas and your favorite GF salsa and guacamole.