Gluten-Free No Cheese Mini Quiches
These easy No Cheese Mini Quiches with a hash brown potato crust are gluten-free, casein-free (using ghee) and perfect for breakfast during the week, brunch, or taking on a picnic.
No Cheese Mini Quiches
I found a great recipe for quiche with a hash brown crust on the Food Network. Then thought why not make little quiches like that as a finger food.
I just love finger foods.
Well these mini quiches are a tasty little treat and very versatile. You can add so many different ingredients as a filling.
So I first made these while phasing out cheese before completely cutting dairy out of my diet (still using butter). But we use coconut milk creamer instead of milk or cream in the mini quiche.
Then I realized that all dairy was really causing me problems and gave it up for a few years. But then when I introduced goat milk into my diet, I could digest it quite well.
So there are options for this recipe depending on your dietary restrictions.
Originally, the recipe makes a crust with hash browns and butter. But you could use ghee instead of butter to cut out the casein and dairy.
Or if you can digest goat milk, then you could use a goat milk butter. I love the goat butter from Delamere that I found at Central Market here in Austin.
And if you can digest goat milk and love finger foods, check out my latest recipe for mini quiche Lorraine using Schar gluten-free puff pastry, too!
Want more finger food recipes?
- pepperoni pizza bites
- cream cheese ranch cucumber bites
- vegetarian jalapeno poppers
- spinach goat cheese feta puff pastry
- shishito peppers with spiked chipotle mayo
- vegetarian southwestern egg rolls
- fried goat mozzarella sticks
- fried artichoke hearts
- twice baked potatoes
No Cheese Mini Quiches | Gluten-Free
- 15 oz country style frozen hash browns, thawed
- 3 tbsp unsalted goat butter (or ghee for casein-free)
- 3-4 strip minimally processed Applewood smoked bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup high fat coconut milk (or coconut milk creamer)
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Press out the moisture from the hash browns in a paper towel. Mix together the unsalted butter (or ghee) and hash browns in a bowl. Scoop the unsalted butter-coated hash browns into the wells of a 24 mini muffin tin. Press into each well with the back of a melon baller or small ice cream scoop. Cook for 20 minutes so that the hash browns begin to brown.
- Meanwhile, mix together the eggs and coconut milk. Add the thyme, salt and pepper.
- When the hash brown crusts are ready, remove from the oven and decrease the temperature to 400 degrees F. Fill each crust with a pinch of bacon and onions. Spoon or ladle the egg mixture into each well so that they are filled to the top. Place in the oven and cook for another 15 -17 minutes and the quiches have set.
- Remove from the oven and let cool on a cooling rack before removing from the pan. Sprinkle with more salt to taste. Enjoy!