The Time I Made Cauliflower Crab Cakes
Cauliflower Crab Cakes
What a fun recipe for cauliflower crab cakes.
Even though a few Pinterest recipes I’ve tried have been major fails (baked cheese sticks without the freezing directions, anyone? ;)) – others have been worth the effort.
A few weeks ago, we used a Pinterest recipe for Cheesy Cauliflower Pancakes.
They were tasty, filling, and perfect for vegetarian night. Make them gluten-free by swapping out smashed up rice cereal for panko (and adding about one cup instead of a half cup).
I also prefer frying in coconut oil and butter. Definitely will be making them again!
Of course, my husband and I start brainstorming how they could be even better.
I rarely eat seafood, and I haven’t had a crab cake in years. But we thought these would be really good with a little crab meat (the real stuff) and green onions.
With a little experimenting and recipe modification, we ended up with highly addictive and yummy cauliflower crab cakes.
There was alot of crab meat so we saved some to use tomorrow. Crab Stuffed Jalapeños sound pretty good, too. Mmmm!
Want More Gluten-Free Fried Goodies?
- yogurt dipped fried chicken tenders and okra
- vegetarian fried southwestern egg rolls
- chicken fried steak
- goat mozzarella sticks
- fried artichoke hearts
- seasoned salt brined fried chicken tenders
- eggplant chicken parmesan
Cauliflower Crab Cakes | Gluten-Free
A fun recipe for crab cakes made with cauliflower, cheese, and king crab meat.
- 1 large head cauliflower, trimmed and cut into florets
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups gluten-free rice cereal, crushed into crumbs
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 cup king crab meat, cooked and shredded
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp white pepper
- salt to taste
- coconut oil & butter, for frying
- Cut the cauliflower into florets and wash in water with a little vinegar. Strain, rinse, then boil in water for 10 – 15 minutes. Strain the cauliflower and mash in a large bowl.
- Add the rice cereal Chex crumbs and cheese. Mix together and let cool. Add the eggs, crab meat, green onions, and spices. And more rice cereal if necessary to get a tight consistency so they don’t fall apart when frying.
- Roll into small balls then mash them into patties when frying them. Fry in a cast iron skillet with a 1:1 ratio of coconut to butter over medium high heat for 2 – 3 minutes per side. Drain on a paper towel.
- The recipe makes about 20 small crab cakes. Serve with your favorite spiced aioli or mayo.