Roasted Spiced Potatoes #glutenfree #caseinfree
This is one of our favorite side dishes – roasted spiced potatoes! They are naturally gluten and casein-free (check your spices) and super easy to make with any kind of potato skin on or off. I really like potatoes because they actually contain a lot of nutrients – potassium, fiber, calcium, vitamin C, iron, vitamin B6 and magnesium.
Serving Size: 2
- 3 medium organic red potatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Himalayan pink salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp Ancho chili powder
- 1/4 tsp dried Mexican oregano
- Preheat oven 450 degrees F.
- Wash and scrub the potatoes. Cut into wedges lengthwise.
- Place the oil in a baking dish and heat in the oven for 1-2 minutes. Carefully remove the hot baking dish from the oven and add potatoes. Toss potatoes in oil with a spatula. Arrange skin side down in baking dish. Sprinkle generously with salt and pepper. Bake for 40 minutes to 1 hour, checking for browning on the edges.
- Mix together the garlic powder, Ancho chili powder and Mexican oregano. Sprinkle over the potatoes 15 minutes before the potatoes are done roasting. Toss before serving.
We use an extra virgin olive oil from Trader Joe’s with a pretty high smoke point. Make sure you use a really good quality olive oil that doesn’t smoke when you make these.
Although not the healthiest, they do go great with some GF ketchup or GFCF Hollandaise sauce or faux Béarnaise, too! Yum!