Cauliflower Crab Cakes II #glutenfree #caseinfree
My original recipe for cauliflower crab cakes (http://theweeklymenubook.com/2013/04/09/gluten-free-cauliflower-crab-cakes/) gets a lot of Pinterest traffic and is a pretty tasty treat so I thought I would share a tweaked version we made without the cheese and with a few more spices so you could enjoy the casein-free version of cauliflower crab cakes II.
Serving Size: 12
- 1/2 head cauliflower, trimmed and cut into florets
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup finely crushed Rice Chex (or generic rice chex-type cereal)
- 2 green onions, minced
- 1/2 cup king crab meat, cooked and shredded
- 2 tbsp GFCF mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp GF Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp dry mustard
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp white pepper
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- 1 freshly squeezed lemon wedge (serve the remaining wedges on the side)
- Coconut oil and ghee (or olive oil), for frying
- Wash, rinse and dry the cauliflower florets. Boil in filtered water for 10-15 minutes. Strain the cauliflower and mash in a large bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients, using more cereal if needed so that they stick together well. Roll into small balls.
- Heat enough coconut oil plus a spoonful of ghee to form a thin layer in a cast iron skillet. Place several crab balls into the pan and smash down. Fry for about 2-3 minutes per side. Drain on a paper towel. Serve with lemon wedges.