Cauliflower Potato Pea Curry #glutenfree #caseinfree
We tried this cauliflower potato pea curry last week for the first time and it was really good and super easy to make – so I’m sharing it for Meatless Monday because it’s vegan and naturally gluten-free!
Serving Size: 3
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 tsp dried red-pepper flakes
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into large florets
- 4 organic gold potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 cup Roma tomatoes, fire-roasted
- 1-2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup Basmati rice
- Wash, rinse and dry the cauliflower, cilantro and tomatoes before prepping.
- To make the fire-roasted tomatoes set broiler to high. Cut tomatoes in half and deseed. Arrange them on a baking sheet cut side down. Put under the broiler for about 5-10 minutes so that they start roasting and blister. Let cool, peel off the skins and discard. Chop the tomato flesh.
- Heat the olive oil over medium heat in a 3.5-quart Dutch oven. Add the spices and stir for a minute. Add the potatoes and cauliflower. Stir to coat in the spices and cook uncovered for about 5 minutes, stirring often. Add the tomatoes, tomato paste, 2 tablespoons of the cilantro, water and salt. Bring to a simmer and cover, stirring occasionally, for 15-20 minutes so that the potatoes and cauliflower are fork tender. Add the rest of the cilantro and peas cook covered for 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the Basmati rice according to the directions on the packaging. In this case, I just boiled 3 cups of salted water and added the rice. Boil for 10 minutes, drain and add a touch of salt. Divide into two large bowls and top with the cauliflower potato pea curry. Yum!
I found the original recipe on Food & Wine.