Kale Pesto Pasta #glutenfree #caseinfree
I wanted to make an easy, healthy, gluten-free, casein-free dinner with everyone’s favorite superfood – kale – and my favorite pad thai rice noodles. This kale pesto pasta (minus the parmesan cheese) turned out really yummy and we’ll definitely be making it again. I love the textures as much as the taste!
Serving Size: 2
- 8 oz GF pad thai rice noodles
- 1/3 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- Juice from 1/2 lemon, freshly squeezed
- Lemon zest
- 4 cups organic kale, trimmed and washed
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- To make the pesto, add the toasted pine nuts, garlic, lemon juice and zest to a food processor. Pulse until well combined.
- Add the kale and pulse until finely chopped, scraping down the sides several times. Add salt and pepper.
- Slowly stream the olive oil while pulsing until the pesto thickens. Adjust seasonings to taste.
- Boil filtered water in a large saucepan and cook the pasta according to the directions (usually 4-5 minutes). Drain then add the pesto and pasta back into the saucepan and toss to coat the pasta with the pesto.
- Sprinkle with some toasted pine nuts and serve immediately.
This actually makes a lot of pesto. If you don't want to use all of the pesto in this dish, freeze some of it in a small container covered with olive oil to use in another dish.