Singapore Street Noodles #glutenfree #caseinfree
This delicious recipe for Singapore street noodles is simple and easy to prepare. The Asian flavors are big and bold, and of course, it is naturally gluten-free and dairy-free (make sure the coconut aminos or soy sauce and red curry paste are gluten-free). This has quickly become one of our favorite go to dinners and ends up on the weekly menu often. It’s so tasty!
You start out with a few natural organic ingredients like cabbage, carrots, tomato, green onions, garlic and shallots. I’ve used both red and green cabbage. We always keep a bottle of the gluten-free Thai red curry paste stocked in the fridge because I use it in so many of our recipes (it’s preservative free) but the original recipe called for sriracha sauce. It’s a very versatile recipe and can be easily made from some extra stuff you’ve got in the fridge or freezer!
- The Sauce:
- 2 tbsp organic or non-GMO brown sugar (or local wildflower honey)
- 1 tbsp GF red Thai curry paste
- 2 tbsp GF non-GMO coconut aminos
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 6 oz GF white rice Pad Thai noodles
- 1 large natural bone-in antibiotic-free chicken breast, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 cloves organic garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp GF non-GMO coconut aminos (or 2 tbsp GF soy sauce)
- 2 cups organic green or red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 large organic carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 organic shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 organic Roma tomato, cored and chopped
- 2 organic green onions, roughly chopped (plus more for garnish)
- 3 tbsp organic GF cashews, toasted
- 2 tbsp EVOO
- Mix together the ingredients to make the sauce and set aside.
- Wash, rinse and dry the tomato. Prep the other vegetables. Set aside in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, toss the chicken pieces with the coconut aminos and garlic. Set aside to marinate for about 10 minutes. Heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in a large ceramic non-stick cast iron skillet or in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add the chicken and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring often. Remove the chicken and set aside in a clean bowl.
- Add 1 tbsp olive oil to the pan then add the cabbage, carrot, shallot, tomato and green onions. Cook for 3 minutes, stirring often. Add the cooked chicken and sauce to the vegetables, and cook for a few more minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the rice noodles according to the directions. Drain and add to a large bowl. Pour in the chicken vegetable mixture and toss to coat the pasta evenly. Serve in a bowl and garnish with toasted cashews and green onions.